Straton Industries has over 50 years experience in quality inspection services (QC Inspection, CMM) as well as inspection for our peers.
We cater to prototype, short or long run productions. Engineering and design expertise are available. Qualifications include: Certified FAA Repair Station XTRR859K, ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100C certifications.
The core of our inspection services is a large team of experienced QC inspectors using the latest inspection equipment. This allows Straton Industries the ability to provide all of the QC measuring and data to industry OEM’s.
Other Inspection Services
Reverse engineering and digitizing, roundness inspection, PFMEA, surface finish, batch inspection, and First Article Inspection. All our equipment is traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (N.I.S.T)
We also have extensive engineering and manufacturing capability to provide corrective manufacturing services for components that are in need of qualification or repair. This service saves our customers time by eliminating unnecessary transportation to another facility for rework. We can be your one stop solution.
Brown & Sharpe Global Status 9.15.8 System 5P
Using Brown & Sharpe’s powerful PC-DMIS measurement and inspection software. From simple prismatic parts to complex contoured surfaces with speed, efficiency and accuracy. Input and output to DWG, DXF and IGES.
- Coordinate Measuring Machine Measuring Capacity: 36″ x 60″ x 32″
- Large capacity CMM with single-point probing and scanning capabilities. Can be equipped with a variety of sensors and software to perform a wide range of measurement and inspection tasks.
- Measuring Capacity: 20″ x 18″ x 8″
- High Performance video measuring system which also includes touch probe measuring and non contact laser scanning for reverse engineering.
OGP Smartscope Flash 500
We have large capacity DCC- CMM’s (30″ x 60″ x 32″) as well as optical non-contact measuring, laser scanning. In addition to non-contact measuring, our ultrasonic touch probes can be used for dimensional verification of soft materials such as urethane and silicone.
- Hexagon Brown & Sharpe CMM Global Status 9.15.8 System 5p (36″ x 60″ x 32″)
- Hexagon Brown & Sharpe CMM Global Performance Model 555 (20″ x 20″ x 20″)
- Hexagon Brown & Sharpe CMM Global Classic 7.10.07 (28″ x 40″ x 26″)
- OGP Flash 500 Optical Measuring Machine
- Ultrasonic CMM Probe
- Niton Material Analyzer
- (4) Brown & Sharpe Micro-Hite Measuring Machines
- Zygo Laser Z-Mic Laser Micrometer
- 14″ Jones & Lamson Vu Optical Comparator with 10x and 20x Magnification
- (3) 12″ Micro Height Sets
- 12″ Squareness Checker
- Electronic Indicator Measures 10 Millionths Increments Dial Bore Gages to 6″ diameter
- (2) Rockwell Hardness Testers
The TESA Scan 50 provides the optimum solution for the measurement of small cylindrical parts up to 50mm diameter and 275mm length. This fully automatic, super high speed non-contact, flexible measuring system with a powerful measurement capability satisfies the inspection requirements of the most precise round part applications.
TESA Scan 50 offers a more capable, CNC alternative to traditional hand tools and optical projector methods of inspection and can be used directly in the production area. With rapid inspection and set-up times, the system can be integrated within the overall manufacturing process and is suitable for one off, sample and 100% inspection. It has more than 150 measureable features to control the most demanding geometrical tolerances, all types of threads and complex turned parts. The industrial strength software “Pro-Measure” further enhances the overall flexibility of TESA Scan 50. TESA Scan 50 easily satisfies each stage of the inspection process, and the time from part program creation to CNC component measurement is only a matter of minutes.
Dorsey Metrology 16H Optical Comparator
This ultra precision optical comparator utilizes an integrated zero backlash, high resolution scale and a free state, normalized zero stress stage. These features allow 16H optical comparator to attain inherent accuracy and repeatability values as high as .00001″ without electronic compensation. This extremely accurate and versatile measurement instrument features our proven cast iron “ultra precision” stage system. Integrated fiber optic surface illumination, and an electronic rotary screen protractor combine to make this the most accurate and versatile horizontal benchtop optical comparator.