FAA Aircraft Component Repair Station (XTRR859K) / EASA 145.6292
Straton Industries is both a contract manufacturer for precision machining and a certified Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Repair Station (certificate #XTRR859K). This specialty qualification has been key in the continued growth of our aerospace-dedicated customer base. Straton Industries is certified for repair of components for helicopter and fixed wing aircraft. Located 2 miles from Sikorsky airport in southern CT, our full service machining facility specializes in O.D./I.D. grinding, and managing custom machining chrome and NDT for a wide spectrum of clients.
Straton’s FAA Repair Station Division is constantly expanding the scope of its repair of components for helicopter and fixed wing aircraft.
The following is a list of typical aircraft components which Straton Industries has handled extensively: E-mail drawing attachments are a common vehicle for our quoting department; we import DXF, DWG, IGES, and CADL files.
- Gear Boxes
- Hydraulic Shafts
- Landing Gear Casings
- Liner Replacement
- Plasma Machining
- Vane Mask Molds
Straton is also repair certificated under European EASA .145.6292
Our drug and alcohol program is FAA approved. Straton has contracted a 3rd party administrator to oversee all of our alcohol and drug testing requirements. Among our machining capabilities we frequently grind components where chrome or nickel plating has been applied to the parent material for the sake of build up for restoration back to the original dimensions. Liners and bushings can also be replaced by shrink fit methods and machined on location.
Other areas of capability we can perform:
- Baked stress relief, our ovens are certified and provide objective evidence of the process.
- Hardness testing, we have calibration certified hardness testing capability.
- Polishing- Our in-house polishing capability can go as low as 2 RMS on surfaces. We can frequently polish in areas that are difficult to reach.
- EDM- Straton has both Wire EDM and Sinker EDM capability. We can also provide recast analysis upon request. High speed EDM drilling is also available.
- Prototypes-Our fully equipped machining facility allows us to manufacture complex components in low quantity.
- Tooling /Gages- Straton has both the equipment and the skilled workforce to manufacture tooling and gages. With over 50 years of tool making experience, we can design and recommend effective and economical tools and gages to support your component repair.
- Reverse Engineering /PMA – Straton has an extensive metrology capability that allow us to perform reverse engineering services. Among our capabilities are large capacity CMM’s , non-contact laser and optical measuring machines, Niton non destructive material analyzer and surface finishing gages.
Services that we handle (FAA vendor assist):
- Nickel and Chrome Plating
- Thermal Spray
- Surface Treatment- Alodine, Anodize, Shotpeen, Painting
- Technical Library- Straton maintains an in- house technical library of repairs and procedures to ensure tha the latest repair information is available for use.
Straton grinds O.D.’s and I.D.’s of bores, journals, actuators, carrier assemblies, shafts, housings, pistons, as well as single point machining of brake flanges.