Rubber and Composite Mold Design, Construction and Repair
Straton Industries’ Rubber Mold Division specializes in compression, transfer, and injection molds, aluminum and steel molds, turbine vane and blade masks. We can design custom rubber molds to mask turbine vanes and blades for shot peen and ceramic coating applications. Mask materials are typically urethane, natural rubber and viton. Our facilities include large capacity CNC machines for multiple cavities, wire EDM and RAM EDM, tig welding, and blanchard grinding.
- Straton Industries has been designing and building rubber molds for over 25 years.
- We specialize in high quality molds that require a fast delivery time frame.
- We offer rubber mold design services for customers that have only a product idea but no formal mold design.
- We can offer suggestions based upon how a molder prefers to use their existing equipment.
- We frequently make recommendations on cost saving ideas in the mold design stage as well as the maintenance and repair requirements that may be required.
- Reverse Engineering is also a service that we offer if there is nothing else available other than an existing sample or mock-up. We have non-contact laser systems as well as ultrasonic touch probes for measuring soft materials for reverse engineering. Mold try out and PPAP (production part approval process) can be performed for customers wishing to be “press ready” when receiving a new mold of a developed design.