Tool Room Machinist
Posted on: 05/02/2017
Straton Industries, a precision machining company serving the aircraft, medical and industrial markets, is looking for a Full-Time Tool Room Machinist. The candidate must be able to fabricate and/or repair precision fixtures, gages shop aids and replacement pars to support production operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Machining tools, fixtures and die components prior to and after heat treating.
- Reviews and understands blueprints and specifications for machined and/or fabricated parts with special focus on stamping die components
- Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated, as required.
- Operates surface grinders, tool room lathe and mill.
- Performs precise grinding of tooling and uses various gages and micrometers as required
- Troubleshoots and follows-through with solution to problem.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualification include:
- 3+ years’ tool room experience
- Solid experience in operations a variety of manual and some CNC controlled machinery to produce precision parts and components to exact specifications
- Ability to review and understand engineering drawings, customer provided part drawings, manuals specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished parts, sequence of operations and set up requirements
- Ability to work primarily unsupervised to complete task
- Must be flexible and willing to work overtime and weekends as necessary
- Ability to stand, climb, bend, kneel and stoop to perform repairs of tooling and other die service equipment for most of the assigned shift in tool room, depending on assignments
Straton offers a very competitive salary and great benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and 401K.
If you have experience, send us your resume NOW!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send resume to: email@example.com