Posted on: 04/16/2021
Straton Industries, a precision machining company serving the aircraft, aerospace and industrial markets, is looking for an experienced Full Time Tool Maker.
The primary role of the Prototype Machinist/Toolmaker is to support Engineering and Production efforts by fabricating prototypes and fixtures utilizing a variety of manual and CNC machining equipment.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Construct fixtures for assembly and manufacturing needs to production schedules and objectives.
- Work with precision prototype parts in a timely fashion.
- Read prints and sketches and understands verbal and written instruction.
- Machine special fixtures needed to perform task (prototype parts work holding) through completion.
- Construction, repair, and maintenance of fixtures and shop equipment.
- Proficient with CNC vertical milling or Proto Trak mill, and manual tool room machinery.
- Improvise when necessary tools or equipment are not available.
- Be able to operate precision measuring instruments.
- Be able to operate surface grinding equipment.
- Meet safety and quality requirements for machine shop practices.
- Maintain a safe clean working environment.
- Demonstrate quality craftsmanship, with a desire to produce the best quality of work possible.
- Work independently and as a team.
- Produce precision prototype parts to print specifications.
- Maintain materials and supplies to perform day to day tasks.
• 5 years minimum related experience working as a machinist/toolmaker in creating prototypes as well as fabricating and maintaining fixtures, jigs, and gauges required, strong mechanical ability.
• Experience with Mastercam or Solidworks is an asset.
• Knowledge of machining a variety of materials such as aluminum, mild steel, tool steel, alloy steel, and some plastics.
• Ability to machine to tolerances of 0.0005 – 0.005 are typical and understanding of geometric tolerances is required.
• Employee must possess the physical requirements to perform activates listed above.
• Employee must be physically able to stand, walk, and/or sit for a period of time.
• Employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs comfortably.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Straton offers a very competitive salary (with plenty of overtime) and great benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and 401K.
If you have experience, please send us your resume NOW!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send resume to: email@example.com