Sr. CNC Vertical Turret Lathe (VTL) Machinist
Posted on: 04/12/2022
Sign on Bonus of $1000
This position produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) lathe machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and operate CNC lathe machine to perform required tasks
- Understands specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings, etc.
- Translates instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts on the machine
- Prepare test run to check if the machines produce output according to specifications
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate number of parts
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Adheres to quality control procedures
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Experience running a VTL machine (a PLUS)
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Good knowledge of the process from start to finish of a job
- Program a part using Mastercam and draw a 2D/3D part in Mastercam/Solidworks
- Advanced understanding of G code
- Design and machine advanced fixturing
- 3D programming in Mastercam
- Advanced 3D Solidworks drawing
- Working knowledge of certified quality standards (AS9100 Rev D)
- Ability to teach and assist other operators
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Straton offers a very competitive salary (with plenty of overtime) and great benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and 401K.
If you have experience, send us your resume NOW!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Send resume to: email@example.com