Sr. CNC Milling or Lathe Machinist
Posted on: 02/14/2022
SIGN ON BONUS $1000
The mission of a CNC Milling or Lathe Machinist is to produce precision- machined parts by means of programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) milling and turning machine, honoring the customer’s needs and specifications with speed and accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares and operates CNC milling or turning machines to perform required tasks
- Provides first class quality and service to our customers in the aerospace and semiconductor arenas
- Maintain quality and safety standards while demonstrating continuous improvement in order to meet the changing needs of our customers
- Demonstrate leadership by means of continuous education and training which affects the personal growth of the individual as well as the long- range company goals of increased productivity
- Understands specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings, etc.
- Prepares test run to check if the machines produce output according to specifications
- Sets machines to complete full cycles to fabricate number of parts
- Maintains quality and safety standards while demonstrating continuous improvement in order to meet the changing needs of our customers
- Supervises the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspects and measures finished products and compares them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Checks and maintains machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Adheres to quality control procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 5 plus years’ experience with milling or lathe machining
- Use of hand measuring tools (ex. Micrometer, Calipers, Depth Mic, etc.)
- Basic Blueprint Reading skills, Run Pre-setup jobs.
- With little or no assistance, be able to setup workplace and tooling
- Understanding of forms in travelers (1st piece, Red Tag, Set Up)
Basic understanding of tooling
- Ability to send and receive programs to all CNC milling and turning machines
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
Good communication abilities
- A keen eye for detail and result-driven approach
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Straton offers a very competitive salary (with plenty of overtime) and great benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and 401K.
If you have experience, send us your resume NOW!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org