Posted on: 08/07/2019
We are a precision machining company serving the aircraft, semi-conductor and industrial markets and we are looking for a Full Time Manufacturing Estimator/Expeditor. Candidate will need to evaluate bid specifications and drawings, successfully bid and win a project, develop the final process plan, communicate all purchasing requirements, coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials and compile reports on progress of work including any manufacturing problems.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Interpret engineering blueprints, 3D files, specifications and other data to prepare accurate time, cost, material and labor estimates using E2 Shoptech software.
- Consult with subcontractors, management and personnel in other departments to determine manufacturing processes to ensure accuracy of quotes; Break down the manufacturing process by operations and inspections including any parts, tools and equipment needed.
- Confer with customers to resolve issues and to follow-up on quote status.
- Creates manufacturing process plans for details and assemblies, including, but not limited to, determining material sizes, plating requirements, coordinator of details and assemblies, and quality requirements.
- Arranges for delivery, assembly and distribution of supplies and parts in order to expedite flow of materials and meet schedules
- Confers with personnel, vendors and customers to coordinate production and shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays
- Contacts suppliers to verify shipment details
- Examines documents, materials and products, and monitor work processes in order to access completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications
- Uses software to compile, review and analyze data to generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs and correspondences
Minimum Qualifications include:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing, machine shop or aerospace/aviation industry
- Strong ability to read engineering drawings, blueprints and GD&T.
- Knowledge of materials (stainless steel, aluminum, titanium, etc.)
- Microsoft Office experience required (specifically Excel, Outlook and Word)
- MRP/ERP systems (E2, Kanban) strongly preferred (Epicor experience a PLUS)
- Solidworks or CAD skills and ability to re-do drawings PREFERRED.
- Ability to communicate and deliver information accurately.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Ability to analyze, summarize and compile data
- Excellent time management and follow up skills
This company offers a robust plan of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay and more.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
If you have experience, send your resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org