The Manufacturing Estimator has primary responsibility for the developing, execution, tracking and communicating of quoting activities for new and existing customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies equipment, labor, raw materials, purchased components, packaging and other requirements needed to produce an accurate quoting package.
- Secure vendor pricing and/or applies standard cost factors (as applicable) to determine price of manufacture and components.
- Applies profit mark-up and recommends final selling price for customer quotes.
- Works closely with buyers and suppliers to drive efficiency and cost savings.
- Review internal and customer supplied documentation for accuracy and completeness, considering manufacturing processes and capabilities.
- Interface with external customers in order to obtain appropriate specifications, computer files and documents.
- Generates full quotations, including labor, material costs and lead times.
- Identify items required to compile reports, statistics and measurements to determine quote turn-around time and effectiveness.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- 2 years’ experience in machining.
- Minimum of 5 years Manufacturing experience.
- Proficiency with computer software programs (Microsoft products).
- Experience with Epicor Manufacturing system a PLUS.
- Thorough knowledge of the quoting process and setting financial targets for gross profits.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Good customer service/communication skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
***Working remotely may be an option for this position.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Straton offers a very competitive salary (with plenty of overtime) and great benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and 401K.
If you have experience, please send us your resume NOW!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.