Jig Grinding Machinist
Posted on: 02/14/2022
The CNC Jig Grind Machinist Level 1 position will operate a computer numeric controlled (CNC) jig grinder to perform one or more machining functions to close tolerances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Analyzes blueprints and specifications and selects tooling according to knowledge of jig grinding procedures
- Mount and position tools in machine chucks, spindles, or other tool holding devices, using hand tools.
- Studies blueprint, layout on workpiece, or written or oral specifications to visualize grinding to be done and plans sequence of operations
- Positions and secures workpiece on machine table and turns handwheels to move table and workpiece to computed position under spindle center, verifying each step with dial indicator.
- Selects grinding wheel, grinding speeds, and feed rates for each operation according to knowledge of metal properties and abrasives, and mounts wheel on spindle.
- Moves controls and reads dials to set grinding speed, feed rate, spindle angle for taper grinding, diameter of planetary action, and limits of automatic reciprocating wheel feed.
- Dresses wheel manually or with preset dressing device.
- Moves controls to feed wheel into hole and against surface of workpiece.
- Verifies hole locations and dimensions for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as dial indicator, gauge blocks, and telescoping gauges.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualification include:
- 3-5 years’ experience in machining on jig grinders
- Use of hand measuring tools (ex. Micrometer, Calipers, Depth Mic, etc.)
- Basic Blueprint Reading skills, Run Pre-setup jobs
- Toolmaking background or general machinist preferred
- With little or no assistance, be able to setup workplace and tooling
- Basic understanding of tooling
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- Good communication abilities
- Working knowledge of certified quality standards (AS9100 Rev D)
Straton offers a very competitive salary and great benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and 401K.
If you have experience, send us your resume NOW!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send resume to: email@example.com