CNC Milling Machinist
Posted on: 08/19/2021
Straton Industries, a precision machining company serving the aircraft, aerospace and industrial markets, is looking for an experienced Full Time CNC Milling Machinist.
This position produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) milling machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and operates CNC milling machine to perform required tasks
- Understands specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings, etc.
- Translates instructions into computer commands so machines can perform the correct function
- Prepares and loads raw materials and parts on the machine
- Prepares test run to check if the machines produce output according to specifications
- Sets machines to complete full cycles to fabricate number of parts
- Supervises the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspects and measures finished products and compares them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Checks and maintains machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Adheres to quality control procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Use of hand measuring tools (ex. Micrometer, Calipers, Depth Mic, etc.)
- Basic Blueprint Reading skills, Run Pre-setup jobs
- With little or no assistance, be able to setup workplace and tooling
- Understanding of forms in travelers (1st piece, Red Tag, Set Up)
- Basic understanding of tooling
- Ability to send and receive programs to all CNC Milling Machines
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- Good communication abilities
- Working knowledge of certified quality standards (AS9100 Rev D)
- A keen eye for detail and result-driven approach
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Straton offers a very competitive salary (with plenty of overtime) and great benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and 401K.
If you have experience, send us your resume NOW!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send resume to: email@example.com