CNC MACHINING PROCESS ENGINEER
Posted on: 09/11/2020
We are a precision machining company serving the aircraft, semi-conductor and industrial markets and we are looking for a CNC Machining Process Engineer. Candidate will need to create and implement machining methods and processes, with the goal of minimizing cost while increasing productivity. This position improves overall machining processes through analysis and planning and works persistently to drive the flow or the manufacturing process to ensure quality parts are delivered on-time.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Creates process plans that clearly define process procedures
- Collaborates on issues like cost projections and reduction, as well as run times.
- Analyzes current machining procedures and standards to identify inefficiencies.
- Provides suggestions and solutions for improvements to process and procedures.
- Interfaces with customers and suppliers as needed regarding machining processes.
- Possesses the ability to effectively troubleshoot machining process issues (Cutting tools, fixtures, programs, etc.)
- Prepares internal company drawings and provides data to aid in the manufacturing process of the customers product
- Reviews customer purchase order changes, drawings and specification changes, for incorporation and cost impact.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Mechanical/Industrial Engineering degree or 2-5 years of equivalent work experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes as attained through experience in a machining facility
- Knowledge, skills and abilities in CNC Machine Operations and/or programming (Mastercam, Partsmaker, etc.)
- Ability to apply higher mathematics to meet job requirements
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills and abilities, maintaining professional interaction with internal and external customers
- Ability to act and think analytically with exceptional attention to detail
- Read, write and communicate in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to correctly read and interpret technical data
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques with ability to design robust processes to eliminate waste
This company offers a robust plan of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay and more.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org