Posted on: 05/02/2017
We are looking for a skilled, full time Purchasing Agent to buy industrial goods and services necessary for our business. You have the means and opportunity to raise our profits by making the most high-quality and cost-effective purchases.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and a commercial mindset. You should know how to evaluate market conditions and different suppliers. Communication skills will help you negotiate effectively and maintain profitable relationships.
The goal is to acquire supplies that are critical for the success of our business operations.
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies
- Assess supplier profiles and analyze offers
- Prepare and implement effective negotiation tactics
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of good, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts
- Review supplies to ensure quality
- Monitor stock levels
- Prepare and submit reports, as required
- Keep updated records
- 5+ years of experience as a purchasing agent or relevant role
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices
- Working knowledge of MS Office and the internet for sourcing goods and materials
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong analytical mindset
- Outstanding organizational and follow-up skills
This company offers a robust plan of benefits including Medical, Dental, VIsion, Life, 401K, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org