Manufacturing Process Planner
Posted on: 05/02/2017
We’re a precision machining company that makes very cool and complex stuff that goes everywhere. Our components are in all types of aircraft, the International Space Station, nuclear subs, military robots, lifesaving medical devices and deep drilling oil rigs. We’re on the Mars Rover (Curiosity) as well. We offer very competitive compensation, generous O/T, medical and dental insurance, matching 401K, paid vacation and holidays. The opportunity for advancement and skills building is excellent.
Applicant’s Major Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and design manufacturing process sheets for the sequence of operations and specifying procedures for manufacturing components and assemblies.
- Estimating manufacturing costs for components and assemblies.
- Recommend new vendors, manufacturing processes and equipment to meet the company’s needs.
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are in compliance with both Straton Industries and customer’s regulations and certifications.
- Performs other duties as needed to be appropriate for this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- 5-10 years’ experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment. * Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word required. * Experience with building/ modifying BOMs
- Experience with a manufacturing based software E-2 preferred. * Good understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with little supervision.
- Prior quoting experience.
- Solid modeling experience (Soildworks, Mastercam a plus)
Our client base comes from aerospace, defense, medical and industrial markets, therefore experience with quality systems such as AS and ISO would be a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Stratford, CT 06615
- Planning in the manufacturing industry: 5 years
Send resume to: email@example.com