Posted on: 05/02/2017
Straton Industries, a precision machining company serving the aircraft, medical and industrial markets, is looking for a Full-Time Manufacturing Estimator/Planner. The job has primary responsibility for analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for customers. Ability to prepare clear, complete and accurate work plans and detailed drawings along with coordinating fabrication activities to ensure product confirms to engineering and customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Identifies equipment, labor, raw materials, purchased components, packaging and other requirements needed to produce an accurate quoting package.
- Secures vendor pricing and/or applies standard cost factors (as applicable) to determine price of manufacture and components.
- Applies profit mark-up and recommends final selling price for customer quotes.
- Generates full quotations, including labor, material costs and lead times.
- Works closely with buyers and suppliers to drive efficiency and cost savings.
- Reviews internal and customer supplied documentation for accuracy and completeness, considering manufacturing processes and capabilities.
- Interfaces with external customers to obtain appropriate specifications, computer files and documents.
- Creates manufacturing process plans for details and assemblies, including, but not limited it, determining material sizes, plating requirements, coordinator of details and assemblies, and quality requirements.
- Identifies items required to compile reports, statistics and measurements to determine quote turn-around time and effectiveness.
Minimum Qualification include:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in machining on both mills and lathes
- Proficiency with computer software programs (Microsoft products)
- Experience with E2 Manufacturing system a PLUS.
- Previous experience working in planning a PLUS.
- Experience using 3D modeling software (such as SolidWorks)
- Familiarity with mechanical processes in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of the quoting process and setting financial targets for gross profits
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Good customer service/communication skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
Straton offers a very competitive salary and great benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and 401K.
If you have experience, send us your resume NOW!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send resume to: email@example.com