Machine Shop Foreman
Posted on: 05/02/2017
This position serves as the focal point of all machining operations within the company and requires coordination of work with other department supervisors, machinists, sub-contractors, engineering and management to ensure timely delivery of quality parts.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to coordinate with QA/QC to manage flow and throughput to keep machines running at all times.
- Manages organization, safety and maintenance of the machine shop.
- Reduces set up time and machining time through process improvements.
- Maintains all machine shop repairs and maintenance records.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications using tools such as calipers, height gauges, micrometers, rulers, etc.
- Coordinates all work schedules, overtime and priorities with General Manager.
- Visually inspects work quality and remains in close contact with all personnel to monitor the quality of products.
- Assures that all equipment is properly set up and operating safety and effectively.
- Communicates issues and details and takes action to insure continuous efficient operations.
- Provides coaching and technical skills for learning and implementing quality tools.
- Enforces the company’s plant and safety rules and policies and issues fair and consistent discipline.
- Assures that hourly employees are properly trained and qualified; identifies employees’ training and development needs and assists in the implementation of training to meet these needs.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of manpower utilization, work procedures and cost control methods and operating costs and makes recommendations for improvement to the General Manager.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience with operations of 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC machines, tool set-up, editing and inspections in prototype and production environments.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience managing schedules, workflow, safety, personnel and equipment.
- Experience with software applications such as MasterCam and Solidworks.
- Experience with planning, estimating and reporting.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of ISO9001 and AS9100
- Able to read blueprints and technical drawings
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple projects in a very dynamic work environment.
- Works well independently and within a team and has the ability to coordinate efforts with fellow co-workers
- Considerable knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, methods, and standard practices of the trade
- Considerable knowledge of the maintenance and repair of machine shop tools and equipment.
- Needs a strong appreciate of the importance of completing tasks on time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- 20/20 vision (either naturally or with correction)
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment and competing demands.
This company offers a robust plan of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send resume to: email@example.com